Brent and his zone

Brent and his zone
Pday at Talcahuano on a floating museum

Baptism

Baptism

Lindsay

Lindsay

Lindsay somewhere

Lindsay somewhere

Lindsay in Barcelona

Lindsay in Barcelona
singing before she gets her new comp

Brent in Chile

Brent in Chile
Looking cool

Lindsay in Spain

Lindsay in Spain
First companion-Hmna Snow

MTC

MTC

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Letter from Lindsay

I went to the temple this morning and it was amazing! I just loved it! I accidentally put the rented temple dress on backward so that was kind of funny and embarrassing, but the ladies caught me before I went into the session, ha ha

I love being on my mission! I don't know why I ever feared or doubted myself, because right now I have none of that! I have so much confidence and faith in the Lord, and I just feel a power from being obedient and from relying on the Lord. That doesn't mean that everything has been super easy, but I haven't been discouraged or anything, I just feel like this is where I fit, this is where I belong right now and I am SO greatful for this opportunity I have to be on a mission. I love that I get to be set apart from the world and serve our Savior Jesus Christ for 18 months! I have just felt His peace and love and comfort here and I can't imagine being anywhere else right now.

I love my district, they are great, and I love my zone too. My hermana and I are the only sisters in our zone, but maybe we will get more sisters next week. I LOVE my companion. We get along soo well and we both know why we are here and we work really well together. We have fun together, but we also study hard together. I am still trying to figure out exactly how to study Spanish in a successful way by myself, but I know the Lord will help me out.

We teach our first lesson tonight! First we have to do a contact in Spanish, its only like a 5 minute thing, and then we teach the first lesson in English. I am really excited. When my companion and I were preparing it yesterday we were just hitting road blocks, then we realized we hadn't prayed yet. After the prayer it just came, and we remembered that we need to be doing everything the Lord's way!

No comments:

Post a Comment