Brent and his zone

Brent and his zone
Pday at Talcahuano on a floating museum

Baptism

Baptism

Lindsay

Lindsay

Lindsay somewhere

Lindsay somewhere

Lindsay in Barcelona

Lindsay in Barcelona
singing before she gets her new comp

Brent in Chile

Brent in Chile
Looking cool

Lindsay in Spain

Lindsay in Spain
First companion-Hmna Snow

MTC

MTC

Monday, June 7, 2010

Lindsay Letter

So you want to know of the mundane missionary mtc life. haha, ok, I never thought to write about it because I don't have investigators yet and I just didn't think a lot of the stuff here would interest you. But I will give you a quick day in the life of an mtc missionary.

So once a week we have service, basically I clean bathrooms, and first I did not have the best attitude about it but I have learned to love doing service, and I am excited to have even more opportunities to serve when I am in the field. On Pdays we get to go to the temple, which of course is always amazing, I am so greatful for that opportunity. I actually just got back from the temple and it was awesome. But yea, the food is blahh, but I am greatful that the people work so hard to feed us. We have an hour of Gym everyday, which I love because I play either sand volleyball or volleyball in the gym and it is way fun. I am the only sister who ever plays, and I am one of the only people who has played before so everyone thinks I am great, hahaha. But I will not boast or be prideful.

Sundays are the best, and we have firesides on sunday nights and devotionals on tuesday nights, which are always awesome. I have to keep buying paper from the bookstore because i use it all up with my study journal. Every wednesday night is our teaching appointment. We have different scenarios, and of course by now we are teaching the lessons in Spanish. Since I am the only sister in my zone I teach with a different companionship of elders in my district every week. It has been different but good. I think that experiencing all different teaching styles will be really good for me in the field. I love teaching at the TRC, it is the closest thing we have to real investigators.

Spanish is coming, I definitely have a long way to go, but our tutor says that I am the best speaker in my district. Of course this is because of the Lord's help. I wish I had time to write everything the Lord has helped me with. He has helped me immensely with spanish, he has helped me understand the scriptures more as I read the, He has helped me wake up every morning and helped me not be homesick. I just love this work, I love being here. No matter where I am sent when I leave the MTC in the next 2 weeks I will be serving the Lord! I love you all and hope you still had fun in Vegas.

Hermana Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment