Brent and his zone

Brent and his zone
Pday at Talcahuano on a floating museum

Baptism

Baptism

Lindsay

Lindsay

Lindsay somewhere

Lindsay somewhere

Lindsay in Barcelona

Lindsay in Barcelona
singing before she gets her new comp

Brent in Chile

Brent in Chile
Looking cool

Lindsay in Spain

Lindsay in Spain
First companion-Hmna Snow

MTC

MTC

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Elder Reed

This past week has been great we worked really hard and were literally crawling into our beds everynight from exhaustion. It felt great to work that hard. We have been going strong for a while now and I know that the Lord is blessing us with his strength everyday. On Saturday we did a noche de hogar and since everyone in Chile doesn´t have any musical background they think that my companion and I are really talented so it is pretty awesome. We sang a couple hymns for the noche de hogar and all of our investigators were crying and I know that the spirit was present as we shared our testimonies through our favorite hymns. Holly I hope you grow and have confidence in your singing abilities so you can share your testimony through music one day. The Lord gives us talents so that we can edify and uplift our brothers and sisters here on earth. I am so very grateful for the Lord´s tender mercies as well.
Funny experience:
We have a lot of funny experiences every week but I think the funniest thing that happened to us was I was walking down the stairs of our apartment complex and I saw one of our female neighbors so of course I said Hola vecina but when I got closer I realized that it was a man who I had just called a woman, I was able to save myself by saying that I still couldn´t speak spanish but i really did think that this guy was a woman, I don´t know you had to be their and see the look that was on his face, I was pretty embarassed tambien.
Most beautiful thing you saw (not yourself;) )
Besides myself of course haha, would definitely be the landscape around cauquenes. Imagen Tuscany with all of its vineyards and hills and on a clear day the sun reflects off of the river painting the valley in a soft golden gleam while the freshly watered grasslands surrounding the vineyards become a deep dark green which goes in perfect harmony with the still growing grape vines. It is beautiful.
Scripture you relied on most this week
Favorite scripture of the week that I realied on has to do with the testifying power of the Holy Ghost in Jacob 4:13
Favorite new person
We met this old man named Jorge and he is hilarious, he is really old and has some pretty crazy ideas about life that we are trying to fix, he is awesome though.
Best meal
Top Ramen haha just kidding, one the families in our branch travels a lot and loves to cook so they made us chicken with mashed potatoes and GRAVY, they made gravy, and it was really good, they then gave us some homemade cake from belgium and it was actually delicious. Something I also just tried was a pickled onion, not that great.

Anyways, I love you all and I keep you in my prayers. Continue building your testimonies and pray for opportunities to become better, I know that you will become happier as you do these things.

Con CariƱo,

Elder Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment