Brent and his zone

Brent and his zone
Pday at Talcahuano on a floating museum

Baptism

Baptism

Lindsay

Lindsay

Lindsay somewhere

Lindsay somewhere

Lindsay in Barcelona

Lindsay in Barcelona
singing before she gets her new comp

Brent in Chile

Brent in Chile
Looking cool

Lindsay in Spain

Lindsay in Spain
First companion-Hmna Snow

MTC

MTC

Monday, August 16, 2010

Lindsay

As of right now, I am serving in West Chardon, OH, with Sister Carter. We of course still serve at sites, but we get more area time than I was getting before so yay!!!!

I got a letter from Hermana Bell, who was in a different zone but also waiting on a visa. She was sent to Ogden, and I just found out from her letter she got her visa a week after being there. So I am so happy for her. It was a little hard though to not have a moment of sadness for myself not having a visa, but I got over it quickly. My visa will come.


Happy Birthday Connor! I hope his ankle is ok to play on and stuff! I can't believe school is starting soon! You are having one start high school and one start middleschool, crazy. And Connor will be in seminary! 65 of the revelations received in the Doctrine and Covenants were received in Ohio, which is so cool. And most of the priesthood offices (quorum of the twelve, first presidency, bishops...) were restored here. And the church education system and welfare program, and really missionary work abroad was started here! The first bishops storehouse was in the Newel K. Whitney Store. And Newel was called as bishop after Edward Partridge was called to go be a bishop in Missouri. Buuut, I really could go on and on. Oh, one more thing, section 89 was received in the Newel K. Whitney store, also sections 84-98, and 101. Anyway, I am excited for him to read D&C, it is so awesome! And tell him to at least read the first section, also received in Ohio, because the Lord wanted that in there as a preface, and it is just awesome, I love Doctrine and Covenants!!

But I haven't spent too much time in my new area yet, I love it though. It will be awesome. We are teaching this investigator who is so logical, and just won't softer her heart to feel the spirit, and gain that conviction that it is true. It is so sad! And she doesn't think Christ really knows exactly how she feels when she is sick or struggling, and it just makes me so sad because I want her to rely on Him and let Him strengthen her! She studies the book of mormon and prays daily,and calls this church her church, but she won't take that leap of faith and be baptized. But, Heavenly Father will force no man to heaven. That has become the hardest thing for me to deal with being on a mission. I cannot force anyone to accept or do the things necessary for eternal life, I can only teach with the spirit and be diligent and obedient.

I was listening to "remembering lot's wife," a talk by Elder Holland, and I had heard it before but it was awesome listening again. Something I loved is that he talked about not bringing up past sins by yourself, or anyone else. When we dig up the past and throw it on people, as he says, it just creates a big mess and no one is happy. He said let people repent, let them forget, because the Lord will forgive them and forget, so we must forgive, and forget as well. He also just talked about not letting things of the past make us afraid of the future. I really liked that. We should confront the future with faith and confidence, not fear. But anyway, I really love that talk and recommend it to you all. And this month's ensign is awesome. Read it all!!!

I love you all and pray for you every night. I know the Lord continues to bless our family, and I am so greatful for that!

Hermana Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment