Brent and his zone

Brent and his zone
Pday at Talcahuano on a floating museum

Baptism

Baptism

Lindsay

Lindsay

Lindsay somewhere

Lindsay somewhere

Lindsay in Barcelona

Lindsay in Barcelona
singing before she gets her new comp

Brent in Chile

Brent in Chile
Looking cool

Lindsay in Spain

Lindsay in Spain
First companion-Hmna Snow

MTC

MTC

Monday, August 2, 2010

Letter from Lindsay

So last week we set a baptismal date with our investigator, it was awesome. He was so excited and bore his testimony to us after excepting...but he did not come to church yesterday. I wanted to cry. I was so sad. He has told us he knows it is true, but he didn't come to church, and he didn't answer our phone calls. So we have to figure out what underlying concerns are going on. It is just so sad! Our teaching pool is a bit small, I guess new areas are like that. So we are working hard to find people. It is a struggle since we only have two days a week in our area, but the Lord will make up for what we lack. And He knows we are trying our best. But I am excited to just build up our area with new people to teach the gospel!

I was reading about charity and love the other day, and I was asking myself why the first and great commandment is to first love God, and then the second is to love our neighbor. I mean it seems kind of simple. But, if we love God, we keeps His commandments. It is as simple as that. Of course we all sin, but if we are not trying to obey and live the way He expects we cannot say we love God. Because love is an action. And that just made me really ask myself if I have been showing God I love Him. Have I lived my life in a way that I can truly say I love God? Have I put Him first? I know that I can be better. And as for loving our neighbors, as we do that we can begin to have charity. And when we truly love others selfishness leaves, we are more patient and humble, we want to serve them. The gospel is centered around the atonement, the greatest act of love. If we can learn to truly love God, and then our neighbor, we will be doing the things we need to. I don't know, I just was thinking about that the other day. Love really is so powerful, and not saying I love you, but showing I love you, that is the challenge.

But I am doing well. I see lots of families here at the visitors center, and it always makes me think of you guys and how much I love you and would never trade you for anything. I hope your still doing book of mormon reading as a family, because that is a powerful book. I know it is true without a doubt.

Hopefully I will mail pictures home, but I don't know, I might just wait to send the memory card and then you can look at pics. But I love you

Hermana Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment